You might wonder what I am talking about. Strong words.............
In my devotion today, I read this verse: Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of the eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father, but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives foreever.
1 John 2: 15-17
But then something puffed up in my mind. I said to God, didn't you loved and still loving the world? Jesus even died for this world. The well known verse: John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
How can you tell us not to love the world when you are loving this world? Now, I don't understand. Can you please explain it to me Lord? Coz now I am confused.
Have you ever experienced to be answered by God when you asked question?
Well, for me this time I got this answer:
He told me that there are two different kinds of love.
1. God's love is self sacrificing. It was to saved the world ( human) from destruction. That is the kind of love I /we ought to show to the world.
2. The other kind of love is self uplifting.
* cravings of sinful man
* lust of the eyes
* boasting of what he has and does
Now I understand!
But then again, I have to point my finger unto myself, before I look to others. Because, I was the one who read his words and that is why he was talking to me.
I am a woman who have lots of desires or maybe a less dangerous word : wishes
* Wish to be better than what I am today.
* Wish to served God better than I am doing today.
* Wish to create more things, be more creative
* Wish to know more people
* Wish to be the one who helps, not the other way around.
* Wish to be successful in everything I do and in evey area of my life.
Maybe you will say, but your desires are not bad? But it can be, if my goal will change from glorifying God into uplifting myself. Because all of these take time. And it is easy to be sidetracked.
And I believe that is what God is telling me today. Be careful of my desires, coz they can bring me to downfall. And maybe it's for everyone?
How about you? What are your desires?